The Beginning

Being inspired by Katie and Joseph, I have decided that we too should have a blog.
After all, as Calvin and Hobbes once told us, the burden of genius is very great, and we must share our experiences with the world!

At this point we are in Birmingham, with Sarah Robins being gainfully employed at Southern Progress Corp., whilst I drain resources faster than Brad can shake our a pepper jar onto a steak at the UAB School of Dentistry. Make no mistake about it, Say's activity is the tougher one of the two. What's funny is that people are always asking me things like "how's Dental school going, are they really laying it on you?" or "can you EVER keep up with the material?" when in fact, it's not that hard. Let's be honest, C = DMD in the dental school world, and really As and Bs are very possible as well. So don't ever get too carried away when you hear of someone in Medical/Dental school: most of their whining is just an act.

Sarah Robins, on the other hand, is juggling not only a full time position, but doing several freelance projects on the side as well. I am very proud of her, and you should be too. Maybe we can get some pics of her work on here soon...

Now I really liked the direction Katie took with the likes, views, etc. thing. About me: I'm totally hooked on climbing, am loving tennis, and we have a sweet volleyball team going as well. I also tried out Ab Lab the other day, and have never had a girl make me feel like a very weak individual more than that instructor did! I've also been rereading my CS Lewis, and studying some about global warming. Yeh, you guessed it; I'm a skeptic. Let's be honest, environmental problems ABOUND on this planet, why make up one to add to the list?

Politics. I'm pretty disappointed that my man Ron Paul didn't make much noise. Boy I loved that guy. The way I see it, America was definitely Libertarian to begin with (remember the Revolution, it was fought over a 5 cent tax), and it would be sweet to get back to those roots. McCain is OK, I guess. He does have a Reaganesque quality about him that might prove useful. Obama seems like a nice guy, but also one who could easily ruin the country. Not exactly a trade off I'm willing to make. Soon I'll take on Healthcare and what the Dems might end up doing to us. Not that I'm a republican; remember, I'm a libertarian. Lastly, Hillary. She needs no words.

So is this a good start?

Luke


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...