Katherine Dunn/Red Canoe

I was browsing the AIGA site today and saw this website from the design archives featured on the home page. Site for Katherine Dunn, illustrator, by Red Canoe, 2000. Featured in the archives here.
I love her illustration and the way it's presented. Love the focus on nature. I'm in the middle of designing/thinking about my own website, so this serves as some inspiration. Sometimes I want it to be very clean, minimal, and almost stark, with an edge (Swiss, almost) but other times I want to go wild with the handmade and make it very illustrated.

Edited 9/23: I don't know; now I'm looking at these again and almost getting tired of them already. I would like it better if it were purely an illustration, and not trying to be a website. Too much!












Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...