Ann Wood

I am familiar with the work of Ann Wood, especially her birds, but I had kind of forgotten about these gorgeous paper mache pieces and have never seen her cardboard castles. So magical!

ann wood handmade
ann's blog

about: I live in Brooklyn New York near beautiful Prospect Park. I make things, paint, and draw for my life and livelihood. I work with mostly found, and salvaged materials, many of them vintage or antique garments. There is a kind of affection and tenderness in the re-use and re-purposing of things that were once personal and perhaps treasured possessions. Much of my inspiration comes from these materials as well as from many of the ideas I have been infatuated with my whole life : smallness, intricacies, miniaturization, collections, repetition; lost or abandoned things discovered and rescued; the idea of haunted and enchanted places, things and creatures; the setting of a tiny stage.







Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...